How to enter
PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE PAGE AS IT WILL HELP WITH YOUR ENTRY
- All entries must be submitted using the online entry form
- Complete your online entry form by 5pm Friday 25th June 2021. Late entries will not be considered
- Your entry will be confirmed by email once you have uploaded your nomination
- Categories contain either 4 or 5 questions. Answers should be completed in the text box provided and there will be a 300 word limit for each answer. You will also have the opportunity to upload a document as supplementary evidence after some of the questions and there is also a ‘Supporting Material’ box at the end of each category where you can upload graphs, spreadsheets, images, videos etc.
- A 100-word summary is requested where you are asked to highlight the key attributes of your entry.
- Supporting material – you can upload 1 file in any of the following formats – pdf, doc, docx, xls, xlsx, txt, ppt, pptx, rtf, jpg, jpeg, png, gif – with a maximum file size of 40MB
- Any videos should be uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo and the URL only included in the submission
- All entrants will be advised of their outcome by the end of August 2021
- Shortlisted entries will be announced in the Aug/Sept issue of Highways magazine and on the website
- All shortlisted entries need to be represented at the awards ceremony with a minimum of 5 seats booked
- Winners will be announced at the awards ceremony & gala dinner on Wednesday 20th October 2021
Whether you're entering an award for an authority / company / scheme / product / system / service or initiative, we can't tell you exactly how you can win, but there are a few simple guidelines that could help with your entry and maybe even increase your chances of getting short listed or even winning.
To ensure that you submit the correct information, please carefully read each of the bullet points in the criteria for the category entered. Make sure you state what the criteria has specifically asked for in the submission.
Key items to include are:
- Details of any testing carried out (supplemented by the relevant results) that indicate the effectiveness of the entry
- Proof of measurement and success
- Consultation processes are also important - please give full details and examples of how these were addressed
- The benefits of the product / service that you are entering - explain the difference that you have made
- Before and after photographs, technical diagrams are also a powerful demonstration
- Any statistics that demonstrate the performance after installation / introduction
- Details of professional accreditation
- Demonstrate the value of the benefits gained by using the authority / company / scheme / product / system / service or initiative
- Industry references that support your entry
- Lastly, please remember to be succinct - make sure your entry has impact
For further information, or if you experience any problems, please contact:
Jo Evans at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 020 7973 4682.